MyEPO Portfolio is a secure, web-based online service for parties to proceedings before the EPO, that provides a fresh approach to working with the EPO on portfolios of applications.
MyEPO Portfolio is the place for you to interact with the EPO on your EP and PCT procedures:
- New, improved and already fully operational access to your EPO Mailbox (please note: the old Mailbox tool will be decommissioned in June 2024)
- Easy access to your application portfolio for representatives and paralegals (please note: the old MyFiles tool will be decommissioned in June 2024)
- Procedures and exchange of digital information are more straightforward
- More direct interaction with the EPO on files
- eMail alerts for new communications, tasks or deadlines
- Easy administration of your EPO Mailbox and users (please note: the existing Administration facility tool will be decommissioned in June 2024).
We encourage our user community to start using MyEPO Portfolio today, and especially users of the old Mailbox, MyFiles and Administration Facility tools as they will be decommissioned in June 2024. Don't leave it until the last minute to start using MyEPO Portfolio.
Accessing MyEPO Portfolio
To use MyEPO Portfolio, you must first have a valid smart card issued by the EPO. For more information about EPO smart cards and how to enrol for one, visit the Smart card and security page.
Enter your activated smart card and select the button below.
You can find the user guide under Getting started below.
- User guide to MyEPO Portfolio services
You can use MyEPO Portfolio to receive your Mailbox communications, provided the administrator for your company has granted you access to the company Mailbox. You can find more information about this on the Administration page
To access a portfolio of applications and patents, perform tasks and file procedural requests, you must either be the main appointed representative/association for a patent application, or have been delegated access to the portfolio by the representative. You can find more information about this in the MyEPO Portfolio user guide.
Features and benefits
With MyEPO Portfolio you can:
- Receive and process your Mailbox communications from the EPO
- View your portfolio of patent applications and granted patents
- View the content of the digital file for an application or granted patent
- Perform procedural acts within the prescribed period in:
- reply to a communication about intention to grant (Rule 71(3) EPC)
- reply to a communication in examination (Article 94(3) EPC)
- File requests related to those procedural acts and submit accompanying documents
- Grant other users access to your portfolio, so as to delegate the preparation of submissions
- Set up email alerts for new communications, tasks or deadlines
Read about the roadmap of new features that we plan to introduce between now and June 2023.
Benefits of MyEPO Portfolio
MyEPO Portfolio provides improved access and procedural guidance, and enables the exchange of digital information.
MyEPO Portfolio provides an interface that is user-friendly, intuitive and easy to access.
It incorporates the functionalities of the current Mailbox and My Files services, with useability improvements. It is easier to view documents in the digital file, with access to documents in their original data format, including parts in colour where available.
In the near future, we will be making Mailbox access available to international agents and non European parties acting before the EPO under the PCT, and offering alternatives to the smart card.
MyEPO Portfolio is intended to eventually replace the existing Mailbox and My Files services and the Administration facility.
Improved procedural guidance
MyEPO Portfolio provides you with information about tasks in reply to a communication from the EPO and the associated deadlines.
It offers a simplified approach to making procedural submissions. You are guided through the process with procedural information, and plausibility checks and validations help reduce the risk of error.
Exchange of digital information
MyEPO Portfolio allows you to download data about your application portfolios, pending tasks and Mailbox communications, including links to the digital file.
You will be able to upload information when performing procedural acts in reply to a communication from the EPO.
In the near future, we will be introducing new business-to-business interfaces (APIs) to enable exchange of information with in-house IP management systems.