EP full-text data
A bulk data collection including the full text in machine-readable format of all patent applications and granted patent specifications published by the EPO since it was set up in 1978.Download a sample file
This bulk data set is available in XML and PDF/A as frontfile and backfile data.
With EP full-text data you can:
- access the full text of the entire collection of EP publications (A and B)
- download weekly frontfiles
- search the complete EP full-text collection using your own search interface, in-house database or search engine
- Check the sample data and information on the main features of our bulk data sets.
- Order the product from email@example.com
- You will receive user name and password for the download area by e-mail.
|Format||XML ST36 and PDF/A|
|Volume||Frontfile: approx. 4 GB (zipped)
Backfile: approx. 2.23 TB (zipped)
|Delivery||Current data (frontfile) is available as a weekly download.
Publication takes place every Wednesday, at 14.00 hrs CET.
Backfile data is provided on a hard disk.
|Price||Annual subscription (download):
Annual service fee:
The EPO's bulk data sets are also referred to as "raw data products" or "EPO databases".
- The terms and conditions for licensing of EPO databases apply.
The EPO has a legal obligation to publish the patent applications it receives (EP-A documents) and the patents it grants (EP-B documents).
A weekly file containing all EP-A and EP-B documents for that week is published every Wednesday at 14.00 hrs.
- Where to find European patent documents
- Sources of information on national phase entries of EP patents
- EP authority file (cumulative list of EP publication numbers)
- Cross-reference index for Euro-PCT applications
You might also be interested in these products and services, which are similar or include the same data:
- European Publication Server
- EP full-text search
To find out which product best suits your needs, have a look at this table.