Bulk data sets
The EPO's bulk data sets are bulk extractions from EPO-internal patent databases made available to external users for further processing. They are structured and standardised collections of data.
Here's an overview of the bulk data sets we offer:
- EP bibliographic data (EBD)
- European Patent Register data
- EP full-text data
- EP full-text data for text analytics
- EPO worldwide bibliographic database (DOCDB)
- EPO worldwide legal status database (INPADOC)
- First-page images
- Sequence listings
- National full-text data
- Decisions of the EPO boards of appeal
The EPO's bulk data sets are also referred to as "raw data products" or "EPO databases".
To find out which product best suits your needs, have a look at this table.
If you are interested in using bulk data to conduct statistical analyses, please take a look at our PATSTAT page.
Other useful resources are: