Thinking about going to this year's MEDICA fair in Düsseldorf?
Come to visit us on the EPO's stand!
You'll find us in Hall 07, Stand EN02.
We'll have our experts there to talk to you about
- Patents and medical technologies
- Patents in ICT (Information and Communications Technology)
- Using patent databases
- Job opportunities at the European Patent Office
Medical technologies and patents
Hugh Herr builds bionic knees, legs and ankles. He is head of the Biomechatronics research group at the MIT Media Lab, and, in 2015, he was a nominee for the European Inventor Award. What motivated Mr Herr as a 25-year-old student to file a patent for an inflatable limb prosthesis? Why did filing a patent as a student matter to him? Why should his and many other inventions matter to you?
The experts on the EPO stand can give you advice on:
- how to avoid the pitfalls in patenting medical technologies
- how to describe your invention as an apparatus rather than a method
- how to find out what other people are patenting
- how to find out the status of a patent application
- and other questions you have relating to patents in Europe
The EPO at MEDICA
13 to 16 November 2017 Stand number: 07/EN02
More examples of key medical inventions: