EPO User Day in Munich 2018
Join us in Munich for this year's EPO User Day on 18 and 19 June 2018.
The tailored programme, which is aimed primarily at IP support staff, paralegals and patent attorneys, will feature a wide range of keynote presentations and breakout sessions on a variety of topics. Plenary sessions will be held on the following themes:
- The speed of processing at the EPO - update on the EPO's Early Certainty initiative
- Industry 4.0 and its impact on the patent system
- European patent services and a preview of the new Espacenet
- Future development of EPO Mailbox
- Global Dossier - access to citation results from multiple IP offices
- Patent trends in life sciences
- Update on unitary patent protection
In addition, a large number of parallel workshops will be run, giving participants the opportunity to select the topics that best suit their needs.
One of the highlights of the event will be the pre-launch of the next generation of CMS filing, Online Filing 2.0, for which the EPO plans to start a pilot in the second half of 2018. Attendees will be given a look at the revamped user interface, the improved usability and new features.
Other sessions on offer will focus on
- a review of the formal requirements in the EP procedure and their implications for online filing
- electronic notifications and online payments, including credit card transactions
- opposition and appeal procedures before the EPO
- filing PCT applications
Throughout the event, participants will have the opportunity to share experiences with each other and discuss procedural or technical matters with one of the EPO experts.
To avoid disappointment, we recommend registering as soon as possible, as places are limited, particularly for the breakout sessions. The deadline for registration is 27 May 2018.
We look forward to welcoming you in Munich.