European qualifying examination
The European qualifying examination (EQE) tests candidates' knowledge and aptitude to represent applicants in EPO proceedings. Established in 1979, it is widely regarded as one of the most demanding professional examinations having been passed by more than 10 000 candidates already.
About the EQEThe European qualifying examination and its aims, syllabus, languages; passing the examination.
Compendium (past papers and examiners' reports)The compendium contains past examination papers in the three official languages, the markers' reports and examples of successful candidates' answers.
Admission and enrolmentInformation for prospective candidates about admission requirements, fees and how to enrol.
- 2019 enrolment
- Regulation on the European qualifying examination for professional representatives - Supplementary publication 2 - Official Journal EPO 2019 (PDF, 309 KB)
- Amendment to Rules 2, 22 and 27 IPREE - Decision of the Supervisory Board of 29 September 2017 (PDF, 56 KB)
Certificate of training and employment (PDF, 703 KB))
- Calendars for Pre-examination and Paper D 2019
- Notice of 19 Februar 2018 from the Examination Secretariat - date of EQE 2019 (PDF, 45 KB)
- Notice of 15 November 2018 from the Examination Secretariat - date of EQE 2020-2023 (PDF, 498 KB)
Supervisory Board, Examination Board, Examination Committees and Examination Secretariat
- List of members (PDF, 60 KB)