Release notes version 1.11
The EPO is pleased to inform users of new online filing (CMS) that version 1.11 is now available.
No installation is required. The new version will be automatically available the first time you log on after the rollout on 1 July 2015.
2. Filing options
In version 1.11, you will be able to use all existing options:
- EP Form 1001
- EP Form 1200
- PCT Form PCT/RO/101
- Form 1038 (both EP and PCT subsequently filed documents, including opposition and appeal phases)
3. Additional features in version 1.11
3.1. Extended browser support
Version 1.11 now supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 9 and higher (Windows)
- Mozilla Firefox 33 and higher (Windows)
- Google Chrome 38 and higher (Windows)
- Safari 7 and higher (MacOS)
3.2. PatXML file Uploads
You can now upload application documents in XML format in Forms 1001 and PCT/RO/101.
3.3 PCT Automatic debit
You can now select Automatic debit as the mode of payment for Form PCT/RO/101.
3.4. Form 1038 Imports
You can now import Form 1038 in the same way as you import other data.
3.5. Related applications automatically linked
When filing subsequent documents for an application, a link is now created to the related application in the History screen.
3.6. Multiple file Exports
You can now select multiple files for batch retrieval and export.
3.7. Detected language Correction
Uploaded documents are checked to detect if they are English, French or German. You can now change the language automatically detected if it is incorrect.
3.8. Document type Correction
You can now edit the document type if it is incorrect.
3.9. Special characters in document names
In previous versions, uploaded documents were checked and rejected if the file name included special characters (e.g. accented characters). These characters are now permitted, but the system assigns a new file name which is indicative of the document contents. Both names are visible in the document overview.
3.10. Advanced customisation of lists
You can now customise the My applications, My demo applications, My contacts and My templates views by selecting the fields you want to show. There is one default field and five or six optional fields to choose from, depending on the view. You can also change the column sequence by dragging and dropping the relevant column header.
3.11. Address book inconcistencies
There have been reports of glitches when importing address books, e.g. failure to transfer the country of nationality/residence. This issue has been resolved.
3.12. Toolbar shortcut
You can now use shortcuts to access tasks on the toolbar in views such as My applications. Toolbar shortcuts are key combinations comprising ALT and a number key. You can display all shortcuts by pressing the H key. Pressing a shortcut:
- activates the relevant task if there is only one option available (e.g. Remove) or
- opens a menu if there are multiple options for the task (e.g. New application). Use the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW keys to cycle through the various options and ENTER to select the highlighted option.
Shortcut numbering is always consecutive from left to right (regardless of whether an option is disabled).
My templates toolbar; no template selected
My templates toolbar; template selected
3.13. Other changes
Version 1.11 also includes the following changes:
- The system now remembers your filter settings. For example, if you set Draft as the filter value for Status in My applications, that filter is applied each time you return to My applications. The system automatically stores your last filter.
- Multiple fields is a technical field in PCT applications (Form RO101).
- You can now indicate if an inventor is deceased in an EP application (Form1001).
- The EP application package (Form 1001) now includes Form1002 where applicable.
- Special characters are no longer permitted in the reference field.
- TIFF files are Annex F-compliant.
- You can now revoke EPO access to draft cases after having enabled it in an earlier step.
- Minor bug fixes.
4. Chrome settings
Chrome users may experience problems logging on to the system. Should the browser stop responding when you access the system, try the following:
- Close the browser and then restart it
- Click the icon with the three horizontal lines
at the top-right of the window and select Settings. Click Show advanced
settings (near the bottom of the page)
- Scroll down and clear the check box Use hardware
acceleration when available
- Restart Chrome and log on to the system