You can pay your patent fees to the EPO by:
- deposit account held with the EPO
- credit card (from December 2017), or
- bank transfer
Fee payments to the EPO must be made in EUR. For more information, please refer to
- Guidance for the payment of fees, expenses and prices applicable as from 1 April 2016
- and any changes published in the subsequent OJ issues.
About debit orders
Deposit accounts are debited on the basis of an electronic debit order signed by the account holder or authorised representative.
The debit order may be
- for individual fees for one or more applications, i.e. a single or a batch debit order, or
- an automatic debit order for a specific European or international patent application, authorising the EPO to debit fees automatically as the proceedings progress
- Request to open/close/re-activate a deposit account
- Formats and means of filing debit orders online: "Paying fees online"
Legal sources and FAQs
- Arrangements for deposit accounts (ADA) and their annexes (valid as from 1 April 2015 until 30 November 2017)
- FAQ about the Arrangements for deposit accounts (ADA)
- FAQ about the automatic debiting procedure for PCT fees
- NEW: Arrangements for deposit accounts (ADA) and their annexes (valid as from 1 December 2017)
About credit card payment
From December 2017, you will be able to pay patent fees online by credit card. This is a secure and flexible way of making instant fee payments.
Refunds of payment by credit card
Please note that refunds to credit card accounts will not be possible.
- How to pay fees using a credit card: "Paying fees online"
About bank transfers
All payments and transfers to the EPO are to be made in EUR and without charge to the payee to the following account:
No. 3 338 800 00 (BLZ 700 800 00)
IBAN DE20 7008 0000 0333 8800 00
* Please use COBADEFFXX if DRESDEFF700 is not recognised.
- Important information about fee payments (OJ EPO 2015, A65)