You can pay your patent fees to the EPO by:
- deposit account held with the EPO
- credit card, or
- bank transfer
Fee payments to the EPO must be made in EUR. For more information, please refer to
- Guidance for the payment of fees, expenses and prices applicable as from 1 April 2018
- and any changes published in the subsequent OJ issues.
About debit orders
Deposit accounts are debited on the basis of an electronic debit order signed by the account holder or authorised representative.
The debit order may be
- for individual fees for one or more applications, i.e. a single or a batch debit order, or
- an automatic debit order for a specific European or international patent application, authorising the EPO to debit fees automatically as the proceedings progress
Legal sources and FAQs
About credit card payment
You can pay patent fees online by credit card. This is a secure and flexible way of making instant fee payments.
Refunds of payment by credit card
Please note that refunds to credit card accounts are not possible.
About bank transfers
All payments and transfers to the EPO are to be made in EUR and without charge to the payee to the following account:
Beneficiary: European Patent Organisation
No. 3 338 800 00 (BLZ 700 800 00)
IBAN DE20 7008 0000 0333 8800 00
* Please use COBADEFFXXX if DRESDEFF700 is not recognised.